dead red -doorprep

Forgot to post about this.

I prepped the door for an action piece i decided to do post surgery (which is now filmed yay), and decided to film it for fun on my laptop. 

 used red as wanted to use emulsion for a nice matte effect n only had red lol

realise bc laptop webcam is on the bottom of my screen its hard 2 angle bc can see the keyboard otherwise, but i liked how it turned out.

For the sound, I wanted some ambient shite but also at the same time i had paint it black by the rolling stones stuck in my head as the song is about painting doors. thought it would be funny to reverse the song as in the song it says about painting red doors black however I was painting the door red. THen I also thought as I wanted it to have a more ambient music vibe, I would slow the whole song down as the vid was 17min anyway. 


Came out cool I think and i feel it has a ritualistic vibe and for some reason looks kinda slow motion even though its not???? sometimes its also difficult to title silly little throwaway things like this, but dead red is kinda perf sounding n also relates to slang of saying something is 'really' something like 'dead good' and also since the sound i used a rolling stones song, there's a scene in the movie performance where the guy dyes his hair red and they say red ! dead! or smthn like that, if u kno u kno


https://youtu.be/lSEyRinWlpM




Comments