thinking about boxes and poem on The Now

I wrote a poem to submit to an online publication on the theme of favourite space/place n got rejected and it gave me some thoughts. I was kind of expecting this as I didn't think the poem even fit the brief enough/was probably not something they were looking fro, but submitted it anyway.

I think I have this problem a lot of not fitting into boxes or briefs to submit stuff to which Im not mad about, but just thought it was interesting, especially when Ive been thinking a lot about the industries/independent/the media n technology aspect of industries.

I remember after graduation jeremiah said smthn about difference between checking boxes n I said story of my life as a kind of joke but it kind of isnt now i am realising lmao.

Also remembered doing Creative Writing at AS level and how the exam was set up was if you wrote something simple with the brief you were given you'd get a C/average kinda grade, but then if you wanted to get a better grade you had to write something more interesting, but at the same time not too interesting to stray from the brief too much?? so it was like stick n be plain n get a simple grade or try write something better and either get an A or a U. .. 
I got a U lmao
Luckily my coursework was gud so I was fine, and i didnt really care about grades as was just tryin to get Thru It at the time,. Also my creative writing teacher sent me an email after/at the end of college saying my writing was good n stuff an i shoul keep doing it so that was nice. Wish i still had the email tbh

like I can definitely write for sure, but just shows how silly things are.

Anywayy, since the poem isnt getting published means i can put it on here:)  : 




Comments