FIELDS & FRAMES | evaluation

Overall, I am happy with the outcome. I think the sound works well and for a lot of the time I was doubting that it would work out at all as it was very all over the place, especially during editing. However, as it came together at the end I was pretty happy with it. It was a long ass process and it's annoying when editing and you can't see the end point and you're just kind of like ' i do not know what is Going On'. At one point I wasn't sure on the narration, and then the ending, then this bit, then that, but I am, currently, feeling Accomplished. (lets see how long that lasts). I think it sounds a lot better with headphones. For presenting it to an audience, I think i would have them listen to it with headphones as that really allows you to hear certain parts, but listening aloud in an empty room or car is also a vibe i was going for. I think the main thing i wanted was for it to be able to be consumed ordinarily, like how i find art just sat in my room and sometimes things that changes my thoughts or that i listen to in my car, etc. I also think it's ironic that people would be able to see it while on the actual internet.
The painting I'm not super Into. I dont hate it, but she's okay. I dont really know what I was going for, but I know I was inspired by the painting videos I had watched on the MoMA youtube channel, the de Kooning one in particular. One thing i did find difficult during the painting Process, that i dont think I mentioned, was that its difficult to Kill Your Darlings......... So many strokes that i didn't want to paint over but knew i Had To. The painting got a bit messy during the middle, had a little mid life crisis, but was soon back on track and with some touch ups was good to go!
Also, I think i would have liked the painting to move a bit slower.
Final Piece:


Final Piece without the narration:

Comments