MAPS & NETWORKS 6: after installation evaluation

Im happy with the way my installation turned out. I love the aesthetic and it looks exactly how I imagined. On the other hand I feel the tin foil could be better as I used blue tack and i think this didnt stick it that securely or so it was flush against the wall.
It was fun building the door and frame however i found it difficult as i felt quite out of it at the time but i feel i managed to plough through.
I am glad my door on a wall dreams have been achieved.
Something funny/weird that happened while was installing was I used the rest of my charcoal, which I realised I had had since primary school. I thought it was funny that I got it then after asking my mum for it in the shop after we'd been doing it in class to using the rest for this installation at uni. Also i ended up using quite a lot of charcoal and nearly used all from the new box i bought.
While revisiting this project after chrismas, it made me realise how much about control it was. its subtle but when you think about its certainly a dominant underlying theme that you can see if you look at the piece while thinking about it.
Im unsure about how i feel about the film now. I think that's because when i finish things i want to get onto the next thing.
The drawing part in the film is the part im not as keen on. I think maybe im unsure on the framing aesthetically or maybe its something to do with my self image hehe.
After this project I am going to turn sound into an album of sorts and then maybe make a video to accompany it kind of like this. The film for the installation is very much an art film/installation whereas I want the video that goes with the 'album' to be more image based/film like. It would be interesting if i followed the theme of control that this installation has visually and apply that to them images.

Comments