Summer Project | installation

I like the contrast of the photos that I took, showing the happy joyful side of pride, yet at the same time there were shots that questioned modern pride. reviewing the photos made me consider the idea of showing them to see these, as I personally can see both sides so I wouldn't want to take just one that I don't feel super strongly about; making the project more of a concept and prompting thought and question, rather than stating one thing.
I think I would use colour for the ones that make a point and are based upon recent questions of pride and black and white for the ones that show connections and community. I especially think this works with the protest photo as it very closely resembles photos you see of history.
I would install this work either in a gallery or on the walls of the building of another pride, maybe adding text. something like 'what is our history?' or 'pride is not an advertisement slot'. id have to think about it more.



Comments