Filming process

Filming week was quite stressful as we all know, due to the snow which muddled up a lot of things that I had organised. As well as this, I had to keep in mind the aspect ratios I wanted for each part.

B-Roll
I found filming B-roll feels like you're doing nothing, as there is no set filming schedule if that makes sense, all you do is walk around, film something and check if off you're list, then repeat. I also always felt I didn't have enough, but had to keep in mind I was getting a lot of online footage and screen videos (which I did using powerpoint as I learnt that there is a option where you can record your screen) as well

Studio
The studio went really well and I liked the infinity space as it worked better than I was hoping as there was a side of me that was afraid it was all going to be shit. I also filmed some shadows which looked nice and a shot of my eyes watching a screen, which I had to reshoot while editing as it was a tad too dark.

Farnham Park
filming here was fun, however also annoying as the sun kept going in and out. Katy helped me with the hand held shots, and I think they ended up looking nice.

Drums
I was quite nervous about doing this as the only drums I have really played are the ones you use for guitar hero, which I used to play when I was 11 and I would just play 'I love Rock and Roll' by Joan Jett on repeat. I watched two youtube videos before and then used them while recording to record as much of a variety as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg1CIQVTdms&t=233s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkJYk3uJpM&t=252s
The plan was to record the beats and try some different things and then if it all went wrong I could edit it so I recorded the separate drums in case it was really terrible. I recorded drum rolls, the symbols, another drum beat. I just recorded a few different things as I sort of knew what I wanted but wanted quite a bit of options.

Violin
I was hesitant as I haven't played in soooo long, I probably haven't touched it since I got bored of it and quit at 14, but it went pretty well. I thought of my violin as I recalled doing these harmonic things and I thought this would be good for the growing segment.
I recorded this in my mums downstairs small toilet (not IN the toilet) sat on the floor, and because I didn't have a recorder, I used my camera DSLR to capture the sound as I new I would be able to take out the fuzz in audition

Guitar
When thinking of violin harmonics, I began to wonder if you could do the same on guitar, and suprise you can! This didn't take me long, as I am quite familiar with the instrument.

Comments