Evaluation

The process of creating my film went really well, however there were some problems that came up along the way.
The first was when filming with the snow as I had a studio space out the next morning and so couldnt get the lights and stuff I needed signed off and taken out for it, so I had to rearrange that.
I also had a problem with my hard drive as I had long clips for time lapses and transcoding them took a whole TB of my hard drive, filling it up. I solved this by editing the long clips into the sped up shorter ones and exported them and then deleted the longer ones as I didn't need them.
From this, I will next time know that long time lapses take more room and to edit them first (which I was originally going to do anyway to speed up the final export).
Another small issue/slip up I had was I transcoded my clips that were 50fps to 25fps, this was easy to fix though as the clips were short and I could transcode them again very quickly.
I learnt from these experiences as next time, I will keep these in mind to ensure they dont happen again.
Also, I wish I had filmed the forest shots with my DSLR as I found the 305 shots weren't as good and at some points you could see the reflection of the lens inside which was frustrating.

I overall love how my film turned out and think it executed what I originally wanted it to and what I was hoping.

Comments