Experimental Film Initial Ideas

I had had a few brief ideas and had thought about doing something along the lines of dissociation or a physical book of some kind.
I randomly came up with a pretty solid idea out of the blue as I was talking to a friend.
- I'm thinking of using the concept of Plato's Cave Theory about a box/cave in a field
- having/being a kind of montage.
- I also want to have anchored shots of things being freed and growing.
- overall want it to have projections inside, maybe of news reels? etc.
- poetic yet message

I'm still not fully 100% sure yet, as i have a few things/ideas/inspirations floating around

things to look into:
2001 space odyssey
berkoff (no idea why but he came into my head the other day, more in particular metamorphosis and the style with the clocks and mime)
roeg
i also like german expressionism at the moment.

Comments