Shower Portraits - Second Shoot | 19.10.17

After looking at the photos from the previous shoot, I decided I wanted to do another shoot as I was not fully happy with the photos in the shower because I felt that they could look better. This time I decided to think more about shutter speed and it's affect on the water falling. I tried using a quicker shutter speed to capture the water droplets, however when shooting we found that it was quite dark and so we had to have a low aperture, even though I wanted a deeper depth of field so I then had the focal length as small as possible. Additionally we had to bump up the ISO to 400. The photos are still a bit dark, but I can really see the progress from the first shoot. Here are my favourites:

18mm, f/4.5, 1/125, ISO400

18mm, f/4.5, 1/125, ISO400 | 23mm, f/4.5, 1/160, ISO400 | 23mm, f/4.5, 1/160, ISO400

23mm, f/4.5, 1/160, ISO 400

After looking at the full body photos, I still felt like they were not right. It then hit me that I thought they looked kind of awkward and so I then decided to move the camera closer and take some that only had the upper half of my body - i found to like these a lot more.
I would like to experiment more with the shutter speed, maybe making it slower next time, but still keeping them so they're like the closer shots. In addition to this, I think the images are possibly too under exposed, so I'd have to try and play around with the settings to try make them brighter, maybe also get the ISO lower. It frustrates me that you cant really see my eyes open/looking to the side because of the make up, however i don't not want to wear the make up as it would take away the dressed up and out of place ideas. In the earlier photos in this shoot, I forgot to fasten the top button on the shirt, and I dislike this.

List of what to consider if/when I reshoot:
- slower shutter speed
- lower ISO
- medium shot, showing only half
- make tripod higher so the shot is more parallel, rather than looking up
- some not as far under the shower
- hair pushed back instead of in front of face?
- turn shower temp down so the lens of camera doesn't steam like it did in the first shoot

The last image of ones above, came out pretty nicely, so I tried to crop it to cut out the large emptiness at the top of the frame. I really like the tone of this image.


a sketch i did prior to the shoot


Comments

  1. was a fun shoot. I find the end image came out well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment