A Visual Haiku | 20.10.17

I really enjoyed the task of creating a visual haiku in the form of a poetic film, it was fun to experiment and practise using Premiere Pro. The beginning strange walk up/down the stairs was fun to film and was inspired by the bizarre way the character move in old movies like Metropolis (1927) and to create this I filmed it backwards and in slow motion, so when editing i reversed it so it was then the right way round, and sped it up to give it the correct/normal speed. I thought of doing this as I know in music videos they speed up the music when lip syncing, to give it the slow motion you see at the end of the edit.  I really loved the nature shots Lukas and I managed to capture on the day of a storm - it looks almost dystopic. I overlapped shots and made them transparent, which turned out to be interesting. An idea I came up with while editing was to use the noises of the footsteps to represent the Haiku syllables; 5,7,5.

Here it is:

Comments

  1. Love that you just went for it and produced something completely different, but still gaining influence from the Haiku format :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment